Fluffy Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse
by Kimberly Dematos
Did you know raw cacao is a heart opener ? 💗
This decadent, fluffy hazelnut chocolate mousse is filled with love and is super easy to make. Plus it is vegan, gluten free and most importantly GUILT FREE!
This is the perfect treat for you and your loved ones this Valentines Day.
- 2 ripe avocados.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao.
- 1/2 cup of smooth hazelnut butter (needs to be smooth).
- 1/2 cup almond milk.
- 6 tbsp of maple syrup (more to taste).
- 3/4 cup of Aquafaba - chick pea brine.
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Strawberries and chopped roasted hazelnuts to garnish.
- Blend hazelnut butter and almond milk in a food processor.
- Add avocados, cacao, maple syrup to almond milk and hazelnut butter, blend to incorporate. Should be a creamy finish.
- Now the fun part, whipping up your aquafaba. To do this place the 3/4 cup of chickpea brine into a very clean glass or metal bowl - any grease will prevent the Aquafaba from foaming up. Add 2 tsp of lemon juice to the aquafaba, and whipped like crazy till you achieve stiff peaks - you should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the whipped aquafaba should not budge, if it does - keep on whipping. I would advise using a powerful electric whisk to speed things up.
- Once reaching stiff peaks fold aquafaba into the creamy chocolate mixture until incorporated well.
- Pour mix into two glasses, this mixture filled two 8oz glasses. Leave to set in fridge for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Garnish with fresh organic strawberries and chopped roasted hazelnuts.