Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
by Lindsay Pleskot
Today I’m sharing what has quickly become one of the most popular recipes from The 3-2-1 Method - The Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Taco recipe. It is so quick and easy to prepare, and the rest is pretty hands off as you let the taco filling crisp up and roast away in the oven while you enjoy some time to unwind!
Cauliflower is on fire these days. You can make just about anything out of it! cauliflower pizza, cauliflower rice, you can probably even make ice cream out of cauliflower (don’t take my word for that…). It often gets a bad rep for it’s colorless hue but you’ll be happy to know it is in the cruciferous vegetable family, along with broccoli, cabbage and kale, and provides us with tons of anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, health protecting benefits. So go nuts with it!
This recipe is so satisfying and full of flavor, don’t be fooled by it’s meatless ingredient list, it is still packed with protein and fiber to keep you full and energized, without that heavy feeling that some tacos can give. Trust me- even your hubby will like this one! It has everything you need with the creamy avocado to top it off, and the lime crema… you’ll be drizzling that sh*#t on everything!
Now let’s eat!
Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- 1 cup chickpeas (1/2 of a 19 oz can)
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste (approx. ¼ tsp each)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, seeds removed
- 2 cups arugula
- Optional toppings: cilantro, red onion, tomatoes, salsa, hot sauce
- ⅓ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt or vegan alternative
- Juice of half a lime
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss Chickpeas and cauliflower in oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Toss evenly to coat. Spread mixture out evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes until edges of cauliflower are nicely browned. Stir halfway through.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave, toaster or oven if desired.
- Once cauliflower and chickpea mixture is cooked, divide between tortillas and top with avocado, jalapenos, arugula and additional optional toppings. Drizzle with lime crema. Serve and enjoy!
Try more of Lindsay's amazing recipes here.