Ask The Expert: I'm in my mid-thirties, can you recommend an advanced skin care routine?
Great question! Advanced skincare includes only a couple of small additions to a well-rounded basic skincare routine that includes the following.
- Non-stripping cleanser—use this in both morning and evening.
- A weekly exfoliant—I prefer an acid or gel to something gritty or too aggressive.
- A water-based serum that feed the deepest layer of the skin. This serum must contain a high dose of nutrients, restoring skin health and preventing dehydration. The skin’s deeper layer is home to all your collagen and elastin and needs daily love.
- A daily moisturizer is a non-negotiable because it not only hydrates the skin but also provide protection from the daily environmental stressors.
- And of course, we always complete our morning skincare routine with a Physical SPF.
An advanced skincare routine requires the addition of two important collagen-promoting actives; vitamin A and vitamin C. At Forget Beauty we only formulate with Encapsulated Retinaldehyde, also known as the most superior form of Vitamin A on the market. Very few companies formulate with this transformational form of Vitamin A due to its high cost and instability (we found a lab that stabilized it!). Encapsulated Retinaldehyde penetrates the skin more effectively, is less irritating yet just as potent as other forms of Vitamin A.
Our late twenties and early thirties are ideal times to begin focusing on collagen stimulation and preservation as well as providing the skin with a high doses of antioxidants and nutrients to restore skin health.
Recommended Collagen-Promoting Actives