Chocolate Ascension: Hot Cacao with Superpowers
by Amanda Beisel
Food will heal you or kill you—what do you choose?
Personally, my days of sugar-filled mochas and candy bars are over. Cacao has reclaimed its rightful and sacred place as one of the world's most powerful superfoods. Now the choice is up to you, do you want to awaken and nourish your mind, body and soul, or poison it?
Hot Cacao with Super Powers
The Mushroom Adaptogen by Moondeli has changed the way we think about hot chocolate. It has evolved from a sugary-sweet treat to a super immune - and mood-boosting power tonic. This powerhouse powder contains the two highest antioxidant rich foods in the entire world: cacao and chaga mushroom.
Amazing Facts About Cacao
- Serotonin the "feel-good chemical" is found naturally both in the body and in cacao.
- Phenylethylamine, otherwise known as PEA, is a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body when we fall in love and you guessed it—it's also found in cacao!
- In 2006, the Journal of Nutrition found that women who drank cacao with at least 326 mg of flavonols a day had better skin texture, improved microcirculation, increased oxygen saturation and improved skin hydration than those who didn’t.
- In Sanskrit, ananda means "bliss", and indeed, anandamide is the "bliss" chemical. anandamide is a neurotransmitter found naturally in the brain, which when released leaves us feeling happy and euphoric. You guessed it. Anandamide is also found in cacao.
- Theobromine is the molecule that exists in raw cacao. It's similar to caffeine but is much milder. It stimulates the heart, relaxes muscles and has been used to treat high blood pressure. While it promotes energy in the body, its effects are not felt by the central nervous system resulting in a more gentle, subdued feel-good type of energy.
Amazing Facts About Chaga
- Chaga is known as the “King of Medicinal Mushrooms"
- Chaga mushrooms are anti-inflammatory, meaning they combat free radicals and prevent cellular damage.
- It's the most-prized herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine and known to boost longevity, youthfulness, and life-force energy.
- It supports cellular regeneration and protects against cellular damage and genetic mutation.
- Chaga is a cancer fighter, immune system modulator, and anti-tumor agent.
Are you sold on this amazing duo? Read on for the best hot chocolate of your life.
Hot Chocolate with Super Powers Recipe
- 2 tsp of the Mushroom Adaptogen by Moondeli and Bliss Booster by Moondeli( For those who love a little spice in their life.)
- 1 cup of warm nut mylk
- 2 tsp of coconut oil or ghee (optional)
- Honey to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into your favourite mug and give thanks to Mother Earth for providing such powerful superfoods for your mind, body and soul.